Tuesday 4 November 2008

Time flies when you are having fun!

So for news from Queens!
Much has happened since I last blogged! Just a couple of links to share!

Since I last blogged I celebrated my Birthday! It was a rather different Birthday to any before! The night before we had a joint British and Kenyan celebration! (It was another Student-Japhet's Birthday on the same day!) This was fun- having jelly and ice-cream, a Kenyan tradition, (thats hard to put into words!) Its a bit of a dance and a hilililili! Ok so now reading this you'll think I've gone mad! Then on the Friday during the day, I went on a foundation trip. See the link: http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/7803
It was an amazing experience, really powerful and challenging. The Prophetic Action that this was, is a requirement for

In the evening it was supper with the president and vice-president of the Methodist Church at the Chair of the Birmingham districts house!

http://methodist-presandvp.blogspot.com/2008/10/grace-of-birmingham.html

So as I say- rather a different way to spend a Birthday!

Coming up, we have the Methodist Youth Conference, this is something I am looking forward to! Before then I have some work to do for a workshop for the weekend. I've been asked to lead a Workshop on vocation, as someone who is eligible to be a Member of Youth Conference and also a Student Minister. The workshop is called: "Too young to serve? You Called?
I shall share in this with Mark Wakelin. Mark is now Connexional Secretary, but I know him from last year at the Guy Chester Centre.

For now back to work! Lots to read and so forth!

No comments: