Tuesday 12 August 2008

Dolphins and faith! A bit random maybe...

One of the joys of my holiday was walking on the shore- (as is seen elsewhere!) watching dolphins. The first time I saw them (two years ago) I was just struck at the awesomeness. Whilst we were walking along the beach at Rosemarkie- once again we saw dolphins! AMAZING! The beach was busy with people dolphin watching. As I reflected and watched the dolphins- leaping out of the water and then losing sight of them as they went down- I was inspired to think about the journey of faith.
Our faith can sometimes be like dolphins; sometimes it glides along, it can be seen clearly. With leaps and jumps. At other times it can only be seen slightly- like the tops of the fins of dolphins- breaking the surface. At other times its barely visible or not visible- yet its always there- still moving along, in the depths of the sea. I’m Reminded of those words; “even when we don’t believe in God, God believes in us”. I’m Reminded that at whatever stage of our faith- God sees us and knows us- whether our faith be visible or not. Eventually it surfaces again! Just as the dolphins do- further across the water!

No comments: